Clack 2.5 Cubic Foot Non Backwashing Acid Neutralizer
This is our best selling acid neutralizer. It provides large capacity for any size home large or small and requires minimal maintenance. This system normally retails for over $1500.00. This system is easy to install and maintain and is designed for ph levels as low as 5.5 using plain calcite and 4.0 using a calcite flomag mixture. Mid Atlantic Water provides tech support 7 days a week from 8 am - 5 pm is you need assistance with installation or service.
- 2.5 cubic foot Vortech tank with 1¼" fillport
- Clack C1190 control valve
- Clack bypass valve
- Tank dimensions: 13" in diameter x 54" tall
- Total system height with control valve is 58"
- Top or side fillport for adding calcite media makes service easy
- Eliminates corrosion of your plumbing and water using appliances
- Naturally and safely raises the ph of your water supply to neutral
- Serves households of 2-8 people
- 2-6 bathrooms
- Treats PH levels of 5.5 - 6.9 using plain calcite raising to a neutral PH level of 7
- For ph levels below 5.5, a calcite/flomag mix is recommended ( see the Clack 2.5 upflow acid neutralizer calcite&flomag package)
- Large vortech distributor plate keeps flow rates up during peak water usage
- No Backwash drain or electrical connections needed making installation easy
- Vortech Upflow System, eliminates channeling and clumping of the calcite media bed
- Self Cleaning Vortech distributor plate prevents clogging
- Acid neutralizer ships in semi translucent almond color
- 5 year manufacturers warranty on control valve
- 10 year manufacturers warranty on media tank body
- NSF Certified
- #1 Best Selling Non Backwashing Acid Neutralizer in America
- Free Shipping To All Lower 48 States
- Made In The USA
The Clack 2.5 (13x54) Neutralizer Video Guide
Acid Neutralizer Installation InstructionsDownload Installation Instructions
Mid Atlantic Water Uses Vortech™ Media Tanks.
Vortech™ distribution systems utilize a more efficient distributor plate design to reduce water usage and improve system efficiency compared to traditional cone & gravel systems. This unique design when used as an upflow acid neutralizer eliminates channeling of the media bed and provides greater contact time with the calcite media. In addition, because Vortech™ does not utilize gravel, it costs less to ship due to its lighter weight.
Took a while to get it, but it was well worth the wait. Ph went from 5.5 to 7.0 I would highly recommend this neutralizer
DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO!
Easy,bullet-proof installation. No moving parts and it does exactly what it's supposed to do. The hardest part is getting the Calcite into the tank. Raised my PH from 6.8 to a perfect 7.6! I had also previously installed the same item in my daughter's water system. Her PH was 5.2. Following Aiden's recommendation I added 2 lbs. of Flo-Mag for every bag of Calcite. The PH went to 7.8 and then leveled out to a perfect 7.4. With both systems it was installed between a backwashing iron filter using Katalox Lite media and a 40,000 grain water softener. Tech support via text message was fast and courteous. I definitely recommend this product.
Heavy Duty Funnel
I haven't had to use it yet because the acid neutralizer doesn't need service but I bought it to have on hand when my daughter's and my own do need to be serviced. The funnel is pricey but it's the right tool for the job. It much more ruggedly made than I thought it would be. Really thick plastic and should last a lifetime.
Easy set up and installation
I installed this to resolve a low PH issue in my home. PH was around 5.4, and it was doing some interesting things to my daughters hair. It took around 2 months to get the unit once it was ordered. It came via lift gate truck on a pallet. The delivery was great, and the unit was complete with no damages or issues. The tank is a fairly simple fiberglass tank and once you fill it with neutralizer and water it isn't going anywhere. I watched the videos from Mid Atlantic, and they were very clear and complete. Hook up was simple. Although the unit comes with bypass valves, I would also recommend installing shut off valves on the input and output to simplify things when you need to refill or if there are other issues.
I have a vortex tank and other brands would flush out of the system during the backwash cycle. This calcite is more dense and stays in the tank.
2.0 acid neutralizer
Easy install. The tank was missing the media fillport cap. I sent them a message and one was supposed to ship but I never received it. I was able to repurpose the one off my 15 year old softner. PH is now between 6.8 and 7.2.
Love it Highly recommend
does its job
this made me pass water inspection... thanks so much!
Had to cancel order
The company was very responsive, I give them credit for that. There was a part unavailable and it pushed back production for 3 months, after another issue came up I said forget it I need a refund and they handled it quickly and professionally.
Fairly easy to install and prompt replies to questions I had. Great service, highly recommend.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.