About the Clack 1.5 Cubic Foot Upflow Acid Neutralizer Vortech Tank & Calcite
The non backwashing (or upflow) acid neutralizer does not require a drain line or electricity. It can easily be installed anywhere.
We recommend installing the unit in the upflow mode. That means as you use water, it travels down the center distributor tube and up through the media bed, just as if it were being backwashed. The upward motion of water through the media bed eliminates channeling and solidification of the calcite media, while at the same time does not waste any water like a backwashing system.
Backwashing systems on average discharge 100-150 gallons during the backwash cycle - which typically goes into your septic system. The upflow system is the most effective, efficient and safest way to raise your PH level in your household water supply.
Along with the Non-Backwashing Clack 1.5 Cubic Foot (10x54) Vortech Tank Acid Neutralizer, a fill funnel, a service funnel, and three (3) bags of calcite media. The 1.5 cubic foot acid neutralizer tank dimensions are 54" tall (58" with control valve) and 10" in diameter.
The Clack C1190 control valve is non-backwashing, meaning it doesn't require any electricity or a drain line. It also comes with a built-in bypass with single ball valves that lets you control the flow coming into the unit and going out of the neutralizer. Also, it has 1" threaded male adapter connections that rotate 365 degrees, which makes installation much easier.
Vortech distribution systems utilize a more efficient distributor plate design to reduce water usage and improve system efficiency compared to traditional cone and gravel systems. This unique design when used as an upflow acid neutralizer eliminates channeling, eliminates solidification and allows greater contact time with the calcite media bed.
The vortech tank has a molded platform at the bottom which is capable of supporting up to 6500 lbs. The platform has tiny slits cut into it which allows water to pass through at a high flow rate and in a circular direction which eliminates channeling of the media bed. You do not have to worry about using gravel to bed the system like traditional acid neutralizer gravel bedded tanks.
- 2-5 people in the home
- 1-3 bathrooms in the home
- treats pH levels of 6.0 - 6.9 using plain calcite
- Raises the pH to a neutral 7
Features & Benefits:
- Eliminates corrosion of your plumbing and water using appliances
- Naturally and safely raises the Ph of your water supply to neutral
- Upper distributor basket prevents calcite media from escaping the tank
- More effective and efficient than a chemical injection system
- 1.5 cubic foot vortech media tank
- 1-1/4" top or side mounted fillport to add calcite media
- Clack C1190 control valve
- Tank dimensions 10" in diameter x 54" tall
- Total height of system with control valve is 58"
- Clack bypass included
- Clack 1 inch male threaded connections included
- Non backwashing, no backwash drain or electric needed
- 3, 50lb bags of calcite media included
- 5 year manufacturers warranty on control valve
- 10 year manufacturers warranty on media tank body
- NSF certified
- Free Shipping To All Lower 48 State
- Made In The USA
- Mid Atlantic
- PH LEVEL
Vortex acid reducer
Good product, took 8 weeks to deliver, so……
Happy with service, pricing and timeing
Customer support excellent
Great Service from Mid Atlantic….everything arrived as advertised and with a YouTube video installed easily.
Great! Good price and free shipping. It was received in good condition. No issues.
It took a while to get it, but apparently it is doing it's thing although I still do not what triggers for the vortex action to happen. Also I think it is a good idea to ship the connection to 3/4 inch plumbing to be included for MD residents to be included.
Easy to install
I have a well and my sink and tub were Turing blue on a weekly basis. I took a sample to Leslie's pools and copper content and acidity were really high. I had 6.2 acidity on hot water. Purchased and installed this system and everything is 100 times better. No more blue sink or tub and copper content below .5 ppm was 2.3 ppm before install. Easy diy install. The only complaint I had was it took a little long to ship. I have had this installed for approximately 30 days.
Great product for my water system
Great shipping time and fantastic advice from the person who helped me.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.