Clack 2.0 Cubic Foot Non-Backwashing Acid Neutralizer
- 2.0 cubic foot Vortech media tank
- Tanks holds 4, 50lb bags of calcite media included
- Clack C1190 control valve with 1" male threaded connections
- Acid neutralizer eliminates Corrosion of Plumbing and Water Using Appliances.
- More effective and efficient than a chemical feed system
- Naturally and safely raises the Ph of your water supply
- Serves a Household of 2-8 People
- 2-4 bathrooms
- Treats PH levels of 5.5 - 6.9, when using plain calcite raising the PH level to neutral 7
- Bypass valve included
- 4, 50 lb bags of calcite included with system
- Fillport makes adding calcite media easy
- Upper distributor basket keeps media from escaping the filter tank
- Non Backwashing system, no waste water to your septic system
- No drain or electrical connections needed making installation simple
- Easy to Install, can be installed as an upflow or a downflow system
- 5 year manufacturers warranty on control valve
- 10 year manufacturers warranty on media tank body
- NSF Certified
- In Stock
- Free Shipping To All Lower 48 States
- Made In The USA
Acid Neutralizer Installation Instructions
Mid Atlantic Water Uses Vortech™ Media Tanks.
Vortech™ distribution systems utilize a more efficient distributor plate design to reduce water usage and improve system efficiency compared to traditional cone & gravel systems. This unique design when used as an upflow acid neutralizer eliminates channeling of the media bed and provides greater contact time with the calcite media. In addition, because Vortech™ does not utilize gravel, it costs less to ship due to its lighter weight.
- Mid Atlantic
Exactly what I was looking for
The acid neutralizer I purchased was exactly as advertised, easy to install, and addressed my water issue as planned. The advice I received helped me purchase just the right size system.
Working with this company could not have gone better. They are incredibly responsive and solved my water problems as promised. I would highly recommend them.
So far so good....
Clack 2.5 Cubic Foot (13x54) Vortech Non Backwashing Acid Neutralizer Install
Found the install to be very straight forward,easy for any DIYer. Website videos were very helpful and really a must as many install recommendations in the videos were not part of the written instructions. Recommendation to replenish calcite was when there was 2-3 bags remaining in the tank, which led to the question, is this the same when tank is to be cleaned every 4-5 years or can calcite be almost depleaded without comprimising efficency? If efficency would be comprimised then owner is looking at muscling 150 - 200 lbs of weight to empty and clean tank. A drain spigot at the bottom of the tank seems helpful to at least drain water before cleaning. Prior to installation our PH was 5.7, after installation hardness was between 7.5 - 7.8.
Seems to work as intended. Unit arrived on a pallet in good condition. Easy to install. Could use tag on inlet port to simplify DIY
Good product, needs instructions
Customer support on the phone is appreciated, but I would not have had to call twice if there were good written instructions included. Relevant installation instructions (or links) would save everyone a lot of time -- me doing the install, and you answering the phone. The instructions I got were not for the product I received, and were written in a very unclear way, to boot.
Neutralizer tank funnel
This funnel is specifically designed for the purpose of replenishing the calcite in the neutralizer tank. It made the process very easy compared to trying to find something that might work. Yes, it was pricey for a funnel but I was able to use it without making a mess and that made it well worth it.
Been installed for 4 months and does exactly what it is supposed to!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.