Servicing Your Own Acid Neutralizer
Acid neutralizer tank maintenance doesn’t need to be complicated.
At Mid-Atlantic Water, we encourage all of our customers who can spare a little time and effort to spare to service their own acid neutralizer. This maintenance will ensure that the equipment lasts as long as possible and that your water stays fresh and clean.
What You’ll Need:
- A siphon device (like 3 ft. of garden hose)
- A 5-gallon bucket
- Medium channel locks
- A large funnel that fits into the fill port
- Calcite media
- Towels for cleaning up
Servicing Your Acid Neutralizer:
Start by turning off your water supply and opening the outside hose bib to relieve the pressure on your water system.
Take your time to remove the cap from the fill port with channel locks. If a little water gets on the floor don’t panic! That’s why you have towels.
Using the garden hose or siphon take water from the unit into the 5-gallon bucket.
If the calcite levels in the tank are very low, you might need to complete the process multiple times as you add calcite to the tank. If you have more than one bucket that’s great!
Add in calcite media through the funnel filling the neutralizer within 10 inches of the fill port.
Never overfill this space!
Check to ensure that no calcite is stuck in the threads of the fill port, and screw on the cap loosely.
Turn your water supply valve a quarter of the way and allow the unit to start filling. When you do this you will hear air coming in through the fill port.
Once water comes out of the fill port, the unit is full and you can hand-tighten the cap and quarter-turn with your channel locks.
Finally you should check for leaks and full open the water supply again. Let the cold water run until there is no more calcite dust and shut off the hose bib. If you have other fixtures in your home you should run them briefly to get rid of air in the pipes.
Our Acid Neutralizers:
- Fleck 2510 1.5 Cubic Foot Manual Backwash Acid Neutralizer
- Fleck 2510 2.5 Cubic Foot Manual Backwash Acid Neutralizer
- Fleck 2510SXT 1.5 Cubic Foot Acid Neutralizer
- Fleck 2510SXT 2.0 Cubic Foot Acid Neutralizer
- Fleck 5600SXT 2.5 Cubic Foot Backwashing Acid Neutralizer
- Fleck 2510SXT 2.5 Cubic Foot Backwashing Acid Neutralizer
- Clack 1.5 Cubic Foot Non-Backwashing Vortech Tank Acid Neutralizer
- Clack 2.0 Cubic Foot Non-Backwashing Gravel Bed Tank Acid Neutralizer
- Clack 2.5 Cubic Foot Non-Backwashing Gravel Bed Tank Acid Neutralizer
- Clack 1.0 Cubic Foot Non-Backwashing Vortech Tank Acid Neutralizer
- Clack 1.5 Cubic Foot Non-Backwashing Gravel Bed Tank Acid Neutralizer
- Clack 2.0 Cubic Foot Non-Backwashing Vortech Tank Acid Neutralizer
Acid Neutralizer Installation and Maintenance from Mid-Atlantic Water
If you are ready to upgrade the acid neutralizer system you use in your home or business give Mid-Atlantic Water a call today at 800-460-5810.