Is the Water in My Home Good Enough?
Is your tap water as pure as it should be? Homeowners often face water quality issues that they might not even be aware of. Let's break down these issues and find out how water filtration can help.
1. Unwanted Contaminants in Your Water
Does your water taste off or smell like a pool? These could be signs of contaminants ranging from chlorine to harmful bacteria.
- Health risks from bacteria and pathogens, causing stomach illnesses and waterborne disease infections
- Chlorine taste and smell, affecting drinkability
- Presence of pesticides or heavy metals, which can be very harmful to your overall health
To combat these, consider multi-stage filtration systems, including reverse osmosis and activated carbon filters, for effective removal of a broad range of contaminants.
2. The Hard Truth About Hard Water
Are you spotting scale build-ups on fixtures or struggling with dry skin? These are classic signs of hard water in your home.
- White scale build-up on water fixtures, in pipes, and on appliances
- Reduced efficiency of soaps and detergents, requiring more products and producing less suds and lathering
- Skin and hair dryness after bathing, exacerbating skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis, along with resulting in more dandruff and poorer hair health
A water softener, like the reliable Fleck Water Deluxe Water Softener system, can significantly reduce water hardness, alleviating these problems.
3. When Water Tastes and Smells Bad
If your water has a strange taste or odor, it can be due to a variety of factors, including the presence of sulfur compounds or decaying organic matter.
- Unpleasant chlorine or sulfur smell
- Metallic or earthy taste
- General poor quality affecting drinking and cooking
Activated carbon filters are particularly effective at improving the taste and odor of water, making it more palatable.
4. Dealing with Sediment and Cloudiness
Is your water looking cloudy? This turbidity is often caused by sediments that can be harmful if consumed.
- Visual un-appeal and potential health risks
- Possibility of harmful particles in water
- General concerns about water purity
Sediment filters are designed to remove these particles, providing clearer, safer water for your household.
Ensuring your home has clean, safe water is crucial for your health and quality of life. Whether it's removing harmful contaminants or improving water taste, a suitable filtration system can make a significant difference. For most homes facing these common water issues, we recommend:
- The Fleck Deluxe Water Softener System for hard water issues.
- Multi-stage Reverse Osmosis systems for broad-spectrum contaminant removal.
- Clack Non Backwashing Whole House Carbon Filter for enhancing taste and odor.
If you'd like more insight on what water problems your home might be dealing with then don't hesitate to reach out to us.
We're Here To Help You
Don't hesitate to seek professional assistance when needed. Our experts at Mid Atlantic Water have been helping customers make the right choice for their home's water problems for nearly 30 years. If you have any questions on which water filtration system is right for your home, we're here to help. Contact us however you'd like:
- Text us at 443-277-2204
- Give us a call at 800-460-5810
- Email us at email@example.com.