Hard Water is Ruining Your Skin and Hair
Hard water, rich in minerals like calcium and magnesium, may seem harmless, but it can significantly impact your daily life and well-being. While hard water wont cause you internal health issues the way bacteria in your water could, the problems with it lie on the surface of your body, namely your hair and skin.
Health Impacts of Hard Water on Your Body
Hard water can have a detrimental effect on both skin and hair. The high mineral content can strip away natural oils, leading to dry, itchy skin, and can also make hair brittle, frizzy, and difficult to manage.
- Skin Problems: Frequent exposure to hard water can lead to dry, irritated skin, exacerbating conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Hair Damage: Hard water can weaken hair strands, making them more prone to breakage and leaving them dull and lifeless.
Showering and Soap Usage
Hard water can also affect your showering experience. The minerals in hard water react with soap to form a scum, which reduces lather and makes cleaning less effective and less satisfying. Have you ever felt like you were using the same amount of soap that you used to, but you're just not getting the suds to form and you can't help but feel that you aren't properly cleaning your body? Well you're not alone. Hard water issues are one of the most prevalent water problems throughout the United States, both in municipal city water and in rural well water.
Effects Hard Water Has on Your Home
Beyond personal health, hard water poses a threat to various aspects of your household.
- Scale Buildup: White scale from hard water can stain sinks, toilets, and shower doors, requiring more frequent and rigorous cleaning to rid your home of the unpleasant look that they cause.
- Plumbing and Appliances: Scale buildup can also damage plumbing and reduce the efficiency and lifespan of appliances like dishwashers and water heaters.
- Dishes and Silverware: The hard water stains don't stop with your fixtures, sinks, and tubs. They also leave a cloudy residue on your glassware and silverware that you run through the dishwasher, leaving them constantly stained and unpleasant to eat or cook with.
How to Prevent Hard Water Problems
Hard water affects more than just your pipes; it can impact your health, your comfort, and the efficiency of your home. Understanding these impacts is the first step towards finding a solution, such as installing a water softener, to improve your quality of life and protect your home.
Our most recommended product for treating hard water is the Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Deluxe Water Softener. This product fits most homes and removes the hard water problems at their core. If you're unsure of which water softener you think would fit your home best, check out this resource that dives into sizing a water softener for your home.
We're Here To Help You
At Mid Atlantic Water, we strive to get your orders delivered as quickly as possible. If you have any questions, our contact information is available below.
Thank you for choosing Mid Atlantic Water. We appreciate your trust in us and look forward to serving your water treatment needs.
- Text us at 443-277-2204
- Give us a call at 800-460-5810
- Email us at email@example.com.